The flavour of this cheesecake just reminds us of summer! It is so light and fresh, we love it. The good thing about this recipe is, is that this cheesecake is healthier than a usual one and you wouldn’t even tell! It is a great cake to bake when your friends or family are coming to visit you. BUT next to this, did you know that this cheesecake can even be considered as a breakfast? We think so! Just eat it with some quark or yoghurt, fruit and maybe topped with some honey and you will have the perfect breakfast! You’re welcome 🙂
Ingredients for the bottom:
- 10 dried dates
- 30 g of oats
- 15 g of chia seeds
- 15 g of shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 1 tbsp of olive or coconut oil
Ingredients for the filling:
- 1 mango
- 2 eggs
- 60 g of light cream cheese
- 150 g of lemon quark (no added sugar)
- Optional: 30 g of whey protein powder
NOTE: these ingredients are for a small cheesecake
Preheat the oven t 180 degrees Celsius
- Bottom: Put all the ingredients for the bottom in a strong blender and blend it until everything is small chopped and well blended. Put a baking sheet in a small cake mould. Put the ingredients for the bottom now in the cake mould and press it with a (wet) spoon against the surface. Also press it well against the sides. This can now go in the oven for around 5 minutes. Then let it cool down a bit.
- Filling: When the bottom is cooling down, we can start preparing the filling. Peel and chop the mango first. Put the mango in a blender together with all the other ingredients that are needed for the filling. Blend it until everything is well mixed. Now, pour this mixture into the cake mould, on top of the bottom. This can now go in the oven for around 35 minutes. Let it cool down for around an hour (in the fridge) before serving.
Optional: Add some blueberries or dark chocolate in the filling of the cheesecake.
Nutritional value per piece (in total 8 pieces):
166.5 calories – 6.7 g fat, of which 3.8 saturated fat – 21.3 g of carbohydrates, of which 2.7 g fibre and 15 g of sugar – 6.8 g of protein
Anna & Marit